Avaya Compatible Media Gateways for CS-1000 - AudioCodes Solution
Avaya’s Communication Server 1000 (CS 1000) is a server-based, full-featured IP PBX, providing the benefits of a converged network plus advanced applications and over 450 world-class telephony features. Fully distributed over IP LAN & WAN infrastructure with built-in reliability and survivability, Communication Server 1000 supports business-critical applications, including unified messaging, customer contact center, IVR, wireless VoIP and IP phones.
As a PRI gateway seamlessly integrated with the CS 1000 using the SIP protocol, AudioCodes’ media gateways provide a simplified way of adding PRI trunk support to the CS 1000 system. The AudioCodes Mediant gateways provide different densities of E1/T1 PRI ports, allowing the easy extension of PBX and PSTN connectivity of the CS 1000 over any IP connection.
As an analog gateway seamlessly integrated with the CS 1000 using the SIP protocol, AudioCodes’ media gateways provide a simplified way of adding analog phones and faxes support to the CS 1000 system. The AudioCodes MediaPack family provides between 2 and 24 FXS ports, allowing the easy extension of analog POTS phones and faxes connectivity of the CS 1000 over any IP connection.
A joint solution from Avaya and AudioCodes provides the flexibility to integrate the different components from correct sources - based on SIP as an industry standard.
The combination of Avaya’s IP-PBX, IP-phones and applications and AudioCodes’ SIP based media gateways allow for the highest flexibility and features. This solution will be available at a lower cost, will work more effectively and allow openness and interoperability in the future.
Avaya Compatible Media Gateways for CS-1000 - Features
- Openness and flexibility - The AudioCodes – Avaya open solution is based on SIP as an industry standard for VoIP signaling. Using a standalone chassis for the media gateway, additional media gateways can be easily added, either centrally or distributed.
- Power and Space- The AudioCodes Media Gateways can host up to 16 E1/T1 ports in a single, 1U, 50W unit. Stacking more than one unit together can provide improved port density and lower power consumption.
- Voice Quality - AudioCodes’ family of media gateways are based on the AudioCodes’ VoIPerfect architecture, which was proven by ETSI to provide best voice quality. Features like Echo Cancellation, Dynamic adaptive jitter buffer, Silence suppression and Comfort noise generation provide maximum voice quality while preserving network bandwidth.
- Cost Effectiveness - The combined Avaya/AudioCodes solution demonstrates major savings in capital expenses and operational expenses for the enterprise.
- Survivability - The AudioCodes media gateway can be located independently from the CS 1000 server, providing service to redundant servers in case one of them fails, and providing alternative routes from different locations.
- Installation & Maintenance - AudioCodes’ Media Gateways are very easy to install within the CS 1000 environment. Nortel and AudioCodes both offer transparent integration of products, while their superior support organizations allow quick installation, easy troubleshooting, and reduced cost of ownership of the VoIP system.
- SOHO Solution - The AudioCodes – Avaya open solution allows the installation of the MediaPack gateways in Small-Office-Home-Office locations, providing VoIP connectivity to existing POTS wired and wireless phones, faxes, and modems connecting to the central CS 1000 server.